Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A little Ukraine with your chicken

Note: This is a guest post from Christina.

This recipe from the family cookbook comes to us from my Aunt Chrissy. She contributed several goodies, including this recipe for Chicken Kiev. My Aunt Chrissy died when I was in high school, so this meal had some meaning beyond just the taste. It was nice to open the cookbook and see her handwriting. And although I don't remember my Aunt Chrissy ever preparing this for me in particular, it did bring me back to dining at her house in her fancy dining room.

Bobby actually made this meal. Despite the name, it's not that fancy. Basically chicken rollatini, kept moist with a layer of butter on the inside. And boy was it moist! Who says chicken has to be dry? Obviously not the Ukrainians! (Kiev, according to Wikipedia, is Ukraine's largest city; why that city gets credit for this particular preparation of chicken, I have no idea).

Here are some photos of the chicken before we devoured it:
Pre-game

Sizzling!

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job Christina. I'm glad you decided to write this one yourself.

    ReplyDelete