Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Food around the corner

Last weekend's excursion: Gay City State Park. Or as the website url would say: www.ct.gov/deep/gaycity 

We started the morning with a nice walk through the parks trails, past an old mill site and up to the surrounding hills. we saw some horses, crossed a few bridges, and did a little rock climbing. All the while, Robby commanded the expedition from the high perch atop my back.

We also had to avoid the Church of the Living God picnic that had taken over the place. We total could have crashed it though. Prayed on it, figured it wouldn't have been the christian thing to do. So we mocked it from afar.

And finished the day off with e PBJ Picnic.


I'm ready to go!


Mommy taking a pre-game PBJ break


And we're off!


Hey, You. Yeah, You. Let me tell you about our adventure!


C'mon mommy, time to go.


Full speed ahead, Daddy.


Here's the pond in the center of the park


There's a view from the other side


There's one happy mommy. Sorry: Mama


Ain't she the best?!?


here's a creek leading into the pond


Mommy beckoning us across the bridge


The other side of the creek


Sign for toilets, if that's your thing. I don't need 'em, personally


And the path to the mill. It was just and old foundation and canal site. Boring for a baby. Awesome for Dads.


Can we get back to having fun, please?


Mommy knows how to have fun.

And Relax


and plank, like it's 2009 (before I was born and I know Mommy's outdated. Old people...)


At split rock. Daddy taking me where I need to be.


What's that noise?


It's super mom! Rock Climbing


Proclaiming herself Number one. By what scale, I imagine, can she make such a claim. Wait.If its being my mommy, then she's definitely number 1!


Do you smell something?


Horses!


Sitting with mommy after the picnic


Daddy takes a fancy picture with the camera so obvious. 


Look at the shadow family!

Good bye.




No comments:

Post a Comment