Saturday, December 27, 2008

Really...

Another sign that we have oversexualized our culture: I can remeber when Virgina was for Just Friends.

Let me tell you more about Ashford. 4,000 souls, 1,000 registered voters. 1500 votes cast for Clinton 3. Yeah, I went there. It's because I'm awesome. Vote early, vote often. How much is an appointment worth?

You have to keep your blog cuurent and use timely references about interesting topics or no one will read it. Really though, with everyone blogging now (about much less interesting things) and everyone being an expert at what is and isn't an interesting topic, we're all just shouting down the hallway that is the internet with no one actually reading. So I post what I want to read and it will one day set the standard for citizen journalism. When Ashford living makes it on to Greta van Sustren to comment on Caylee's disapearence, everyone will listen. And CNN will hate me, because I'm so relevant and they can't get Keith Oberman more than 6 viewers. Who wants to watch Drew Carey's un-funny, skinnier, whiny cousin? Not me. One man. One laptop. One desltop for when his wife has teh laptop. One camera that runs out of battery life too quick. I can make a difference. The fourth pillar is alive and well, as long as no one has to pay for it or its staff.

Farms, 2 highways, kids ride the bus 45 minutes to the high school. Chickerns in the street across from Genuine pre-processed Alpaca fur. They keep the roads pretty clean on Rte 89, OK on 44. That's where I get my kicks. Free sand and salt for when it snows, but you have to go and get it. The mill rate (tax levy) is rather high, but you still have a decent say in the budget and Board of Selectmen ballots. It's too poor here to have real poor people. One crazy guy is havng his own personal Alamo stand off with the town, only he's the only one participating. Pretty nice place to be. Until it snows and I can't get up my driveway.

I have a really nice tractor: Old Gravely with a plow that I have to squirt with starter fluid to get going every timr I need to start it. A plumbers toilet is always backed up. the cat annoyed the shit out of me last night.

If you got the 2PAC reference, you're a true fan. If not, go listen to 2PAC. And
Nap time...zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment