Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Follow up is paramount

Whenever you blog, it is critical that you remember to consistently post. You absolutely must continue to add new and amazing content on your blog so that the tenuous grasp you have on your readers is sure to hold. Most importantly: If you promise to follow up with a story following an event that you talked up, you have to tell your readers as soon as possible what has happen. Here goes.

Christmas #2 was nice. We had a good time and Uncle Mike and Dan like the imperial stout. I'll be brewing more soon. I find it so hard to focus on the details needed to effectively blog. Even after I've given away the jewels of wisdom I've left for you over the past week. I think I need to start taking my own advice.

We had delicious carrot cake. Tomorrow is the last day of the year. It's been a crazy ride in 2008. Sub prime, if you ask me! I'm still looking for my bailout. I assume it's going to be mailed in January.

I've been updating my Linked in Profile. For those not Linked in--do it. And for those who like beer, here's a good post Christmas, I don't know why he's not at work, international beer tasting blog by one of my best friends: http://islandbill.blogspot.com/2008/12/around-world-of-beer-in-120-fl-oz-part.html
You can figure out how to get to part 1.

I currently have 2 beers in utero: A fruit cream ale with cascade hops for bittering and fragrance. It's going to be interesting once the hops chill out a bit. Smells like grapefruit but tastes sweet and creamy.

The second is a German Ale, and Alt beer, for those of you who prefer the beer lingo. It's got a nice, smooth, low carbonation malty sweetness. It's coming out for another test toast tomorrow. I'll fill everyone in. Promise.

Ashford is in the northeast corner of Connecticut, for those of you who don't know. If Connecticut were a letter, we're in the postage stamp. And Connecticut has a tail, so we're not really mail.

Don't get me wrong: I miss Maryland, my Maryland. But for a place to be, this is not bad at all.

Gotta go plug into facebook and make sure I'm still beloved by my fans, and plug this blog. Shooting for 5 followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment