Monday, January 5, 2009

Purple Mountains, Candy Rain

I just got back from the Y a bit ago. The New Years resolution folks are in full effect, God bless 'em. I've been getting pretty buff with my new workout routine. Who would have thought that toe curls and the 2 pound medicine ball would work so well. Any more than that is just plain work. I do that during the day.

One of the girls at work brought in Jelly Bellies today. Those things are frickin' nice! So, so, oh, so delicious and full of high fructose corn syrupy flavor.

I'm reading a book about the collapse of civilizations. Nice an uplifting, I know. It titled, aptly, "Collapse". Written by Jared Diamond who also wrote Guns, Germs and Steel. If you're a broad history/civilization type buff, it's a good read.

Why don't the Israelis ever finish anything? Oh, poor Cynthia. I for one would have been happy. And this time I do know who you are, so empty your pockets and start swimming.

When you take a moment to look at yourself in the mirror tomorrow morning, look real close. Ask yourself: Am I the bad apple? Then get dressed, eat your breakfast a go to work. Wash you hands three times while your at work to fight against the flu. And remember not to blog on company time.

I'll be putting together a mash/lauter tun over the next few weeks and getting ready to do full mash batches over the next few months. We'll see what I can make in this style.

Time to do some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment