Thursday, January 1, 2009

A tribute to 2008

1 Word: Fuck off.

3 Things I never want to hear again: Subprime, Bailout, and Barney Frank's Voice. I thought JabberJaw had a nice run 2 decades ago, so WHY does the people's republic of Massachusetts insist on sending him to Congress every other year?

4th thing: "Worst since the great depression." And yet every single one of our grandparents survived it only to feel better about themselves and go on to build the greatest nation that has ever existed on this Greene earth. Maybe less bad and more good is in order. And I'm not talking about talking about hope. We need the real thing, and It will never come from some elected official. It is in each of us. Not in a sappy way. People, not governments, change the world. That's why we read biographies, not the Congressional record.

The best thing that happened in 2008: The election ended. After two years of almost omnipresent coverage, the news can now sleep easy at night knowing they played a crucial roll in boring and frustrating the fuck out of millions of Americans with their constant blabbering about the historic implications. A death knell for bloated old fuckers that have lost their grip on the public and reality all at once. Big bus, the cast of Fox and CNN, fire and tragedy...Oh well.

The worst thing that happened in 2008: Sarah Palin. Retard. Done.

I'm thinking about writing a book. I know, everyone does it. Dream about writing, I mean. I think I can do it. I may need your help. Stay tuned.

2009 Resolution: Be better than last year. All areas. Personal, professional, web presence. School.

Doom and Gloom. Ha! I don't believe that shit. People that mope and complain and end up sitting on their doorsteps waiting for a job to walk by so that cab grab it and replace the ho-hum occupation they were kicked out of due to the sub prime horse shit and credit crunch hooey: Be Damned. That's not me. I'm going to grow this year, get bigger than last. Size 36, here I come!

Should it be an American coming of age story? I bitter why my parents were so bad Oprah-esque expose? Thriller? Satire? Collection of short, humorous stories?

The plan is to produce no less than 12 batches of beer, so again I will need suggestions. I'll be posting more about the brewing this year. Feel free to comment.

Outlook for 2009: Excellent.

Keep your head up. Don't let them get you down. It's all bullshit.

1 comment:

  1. Have you found a local supplier yet for your ingredients?

    I haven't brewed since my last batch of barleywine came out tasting like a strong copper ale. I may follow your lead and make more of a commitment this year.

    ReplyDelete