Thursday, August 25, 2011

X Marks the Basement

Big happenings in the Davis household right now: New Job, Remodel, Baby!! Thankfully I'm gainfully unemployed this week, So I have time to get s few projects and a final paper done before Irene back and blow like a Hurricane shows up and ruins everything.

With "the baby" coming in a few weeks (we're taking bets on the birthday), I've been locked in the basement until the remodel is complete and the baby's lair is ready for occupancy.

I'm proud to announce that the walls are up, the ceiling is in place, and the carpet is ready to go down. I just need to get a bit of carpet tile adhesive (apparently dumb and dumber at Home Depot ordered me the wrong tiles--no peel off backing) and start the final leg. Then I can paint, and I'm done!

Here's the Picture Show!

Not Pizza Boxes, Carpet Tiles


That's some good looking Carpet Placement


For those of you that remember the Closets, Gone! Lots more room down there too. Plus I've mopped up the floor, so the fireplace smell is gone. Once the carpet's down, I need volunteers to help move the bookcase downstairs. Really just a volunteer. I'll pay you in Beer?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment