Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ctrl-Alt-Repeat: Vinegar Chicken w/ Fried Okra

Vinegar chicken take two. This time, skip the beets, enter Fried Okra


"You want me to eat Okra? You do know I'm a Yankee, right?" 



Lots -o- Chicken legs and thighs. Crushed Tomatoes let me skip the blender step


Browned up and ready to braise



Simmering away. Threw it in the oven for 1-1/2 hours


C'mon. That's just hot.




Finger-licking.

And now to the Okra. Yeah, I know. Okra in New England. And not at a fish fry or a Pig Roast. But, if you fry something, they will come. Again and again. Easy to cook, easy to batter, 3 minutes in the wok. Phenomenal  Absolutely delicious.


Dictionary.com says "Golden Brown", n, origin: Bobby's Kitchen
1. Fried Okra
2. See (1) above


Subtle flavor like a fresh string bean. Fried, it holds up very well. 


Strongly recommend. I'll teach it to you if you want. $5


"Daddy made fried Okra, and I'm loving it. Only one thing to say about this..."


"...Boom!"







No comments:

Post a Comment